San Diego Theft Crimes Lawyer
Best San Diego Robbery Attorney – Aggressive Theft Crimes Defense Law Office Providing Top Rated Representation
Having one of the best local San Diego theft crimes lawyer and robbery attorney on your side can be the difference between sitting in a prison or having your freedom. Having a top rated defense law firm representing you can help get your charges dismissed or reduced significantly.
Types Of Theft Crimes
These are type of crimes include:
- Robbery: This type of crime occurs when a person uses violence, threats or force to take property from somebody that is in their possession. The offense is also enshrined under California Three Strikes Laws.
- Burglary: In California, entering any structure with intent to steal or commit a felony inside constitutes burglary. If the structure is inhabited, the offense amount to residential burglary.
- Auto Burglary: This is when breaking into a locked vehicle with intention to steal.
- Embezzlement: Any person who misappropriate or steals a property entrusted to him or her is guilty of embezzlement under California Law.
- Receiving Stolen Property: The crime occurs when a person buys or receives property he or she reasonably know has been stolen.
- Carjacking: It occurs when a person is robbed a vehicle. The offense involves taking a vehicle from a person’s possession using violence, force or threats.
- Petty Theft: it is defined as stealing of property valued up to $950. The definition is found Under Penal Code 484 and 488. The first offense is considered as a misdemeanor, but the second offense fall under felony.
- Grand Theft: Under Penal Code 487, grand theft is the stealing of property that valued at more than $950. Depending on the circumstance of the case it can be a felony or misdemeanor.
It is possible for good people to be charged with stealing. People find themselves in court after making mistakes. Such people really deserve a second chance in life rather than jail term and a permanent criminal record. Sometimes, it is possible to find people being charged of theft crimes as a result of misleading evidence or false allegation. Therefore, it is important for a person who is facing theft charges to find an experienced criminal attorney for legal advice and representation.
Consequences Of Theft Offense Conviction
California theft convictions are harmful in terms of finding state licensing, good future employment, and other benefits. It is a common phenomenon for employers to shy away from job applicants who have theft records. They regard such applicants as dishonest and potential thieves. Moreover, state license board denies certifications and licenses to people who have previously been convicted of theft. Theft convictions can haunt immigrants who are seeking a green card, visa or citizenship in America.
Fortunately, experienced defense law firm is there to ensure that suspects of theft offense get a second chance. The first thing in theft cases is to look carefully at the facts of the specific case. Scrutiny of facts enables the attorney to know if the prosecutor has satisfactory evidence to prove the alleged person is guilty. Theft crimes should be proved beyond reasonable doubt.
In some instances, the prosecution evidence could point constantly to the guiltiness of a person suspected of a theft crime. Even then, the theft attorney helps to see that the stealing charges are dismissed or reduced. An experienced legal expert can get a case easily be dismissed or reduced if the suspect has no criminal record and argue that he or she just made a mistake.
Contact Local Theft Crimes Attorney At The Law Office of Troy P. Owens, Jr For Free Case Consultation
The myriad of legal jargon is sufficient to intimidate the accused without the necessary knowledge of the law and court. A host of collateral consequences follow on a criminal record arising from an theft crime charges. So call now to talk to an experienced attorney to explore your defense strategies. Do not take being accused of theft offense lightly.