Chula Vista DUI Attorney
Personalized & Compassionate Legal Representation
Chula Vista DUI attorney Troy Owens is dedicated to providing aggressive criminal defense for clients who are facing serious charges. Having handled thousands of cases, he has the knowledge, skills, and resources to fight to protect your rights and freedom.
At The Law Office of Troy P. Owens, Jr., A.P.C., we understand that being arrested and charged for driving under the influence can turn your life upside down. Not only are you facing large fines that you cannot afford and jail time that will make you miss work, but also the long-term suspension of your driver’s license.
What a DUI Could Cost You
California is known for having some of the harshest DUI penalties in the country. Like other states, anyone found operating a motor vehicle with a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) level of .08% or higher will be charged with a DUI offense. The limit is set to .02% for underage drivers. Drivers who test at .16% BAC or higher are charged with aggravated DUI and subject to enhanced penalties.
In general, the penalties for DUI are determined based on the number of previous offenses. The sentencing can also be affected by whether the violation led to the injury or death of other individuals.
When damages are minor, the alleged offender can be charged with a misdemeanor or DUI with injury. When DUI leads to serious injuries or death, it can be charged as a felony DUI. An individual may also be charged with a felony DUI if he or she has three or more DUI convictions within a 10-year period.
The penalties for DUI in California include:
- First offense DUI: a $390-$1,000 fine, up to six months in jail, and a maximum six-month license suspension
- Second offense DUI: a $390-$1,000 fine, up to one year in jail, and a maximum two-year license suspension
- Third offense DUI: a $390-$1,000 fine, up to one year in jail, and a maximum three-year license suspension
- Fourth offense + DUI felony: a $390-$1,000 fine, up to three years in jail, and a maximum four-year license suspension
- Injury DUI: a $390-$5,000 fine, up to one year in jail, and one to three-year license suspension
- First offense DUI: a $1,015-$5,000 fine, up to 16 years in jail, and a maximum five-year license suspension
Additional consequences of a DUI can include ignition interlock device installation, suspension of professional licenses, a criminal record, and higher insurance rates.
Don’t Wait – Fight Your DUI Charges Today
The Law Office of Troy P. Owens, Jr., A.P.C. is here to help you take action against the charges you are facing. When you contact our Chula Vista DUI attorney, you can work one-to-one with a defense lawyer who is dedicated to keeping you out of jail and on the road.
“I didn't have to go to a single court date, file any paper work, he did it all”- Charles
“He was available & personable, yet very professional”- Ashley
“He was dependable and kept me informed on every step”- Dierdre
Payment Plans & Free Consultations for Your Convenience
Candid Advice & Reliable Results
When You Hire Me, You Get Me
Personal Attention for Every Client