Assertive, Skilled Legal Defense For Drug Charges
Drug crime charges, whether at the state or federal level, can result in serious consequences. If you have been arrested for a drug offense, you could be facing large fines, substantial jail time, property forfeiture and a permanent criminal record.
With stakes this high, it is crucial to have an experienced attorney on your side. At The Law Office of Troy P. Owens, Jr., we have a thorough understanding of drug laws and know how to build successful strategies to defend our clients against their charges. Attorney Troy Owens has handled thousands of cases at all court levels and has the knowledge and resources to help you obtain a fair outcome.
Drug Crime Charges And What They Mean
In California, there are tough laws in place against the possession, trafficking and sale of illegal controlled substances. When a person is found to be engaging in any of these activities with any illegal drugs or nonprescribed prescription medications, he or she will be arrested and charged for a drug offense.
Drug crime charges are dependent on the type and amount of drug that was involved. The California Health and Safety Code (HSC) separates the types of drugs into five classifications, or schedules, in order of their severity. In each category, there are several types and amounts of drugs that are similarly punished.
The drug schedules and some of the most common drugs under each category include:
- Schedule I drugs: Certain opiates, heroin, marijuana, ecstasy, LSD, MDMA, bath salts, GHB, mescaline and psilocybin
- Schedule II drugs: Morphine, hydrocodone, oxycodone, raw opium, opium poppy, Adderall and Ritalin
- Schedule III drugs: Codeine, ketamine, testosterone and anabolic steroids
- Schedule IV drugs: Xanax, Valium, Ambien, Ativan, Darvocet, Darvon and Soma
- Schedule V drugs: Robitussin AC, Lyrica, Motofen, Lomotil and Parepectolin
Put Our Experience To Work For You
If you are facing drug charges, regardless of the type of offense or schedule of drug, turn to The Law Office of Troy P. Owens, Jr. Attorney Owens has years of experience dealing with these types of cases. To begin working one-on-one with him, call 866-784-8994 or contact us online.