If you’ve been arrested and charged with a criminal offense, it is essential to hire an attorney who will aggressively and effectively fight for you and pursue the most favorable outcome possible. Attorney Troy P. Owens, Jr. represents adults and juveniles charged with felonies and misdemeanors. Attorney Owens handles all aspects of every case personally, and offers a free case review.
Criminal Defense Services
Attorney Owens represents clients charged with all misdemeanors and felonies, including the following:
- Drug offenses – Drug offenses are rampant in California. They include possession, sales, trafficking, manufacturing, grow houses, paraphernalia, prescription fraud, and sales of drugs to minors. Drugs include heroin, crack cocaine, marijuana, ecstasy, LSD, Xanax, oxycodone, methamphetamine and all others.
- Assault – Assault is a very serious offense in which an individual threatens to harm another. For example, this may occur when someone shakes a fist at another or points a weapon at them. For a charge of assault, the victim does not have to actually be touched or physically harmed.
- Battery – Battery can be charged when an individual intentionally and unlawfully touches or makes contact with another person in an offensive manner, such as hitting or kicking. As well, the individual must not have been acting in self defense or disciplining a child. Defendants are often charged with assault and battery together.
- Prostitution – it is illegal to offer sexual services in exchange for money or other consideration. For an individual to be charged with prostitution, an actual sexual act does not have to occur. Closely related to prostitution is the charge of solicitation. Solicitation occurs when an individual offers to pay for a sexual act. Prostitution and solicitation stings occur frequently – often nightly – throughout California.
- Gangs – Law enforcement in California aggressively pursues gang offenses. Defendants can be charged with actual gang participation if they are involved in a gang activity. As well, a misdemeanor criminal offense may be elevated to a felony if the activity was gang-related. Additionally, gang-related crimes may result in enhanced prison sentences.
The Law Office of Troy P. Owens, Jr. Offers a Free Case Review
Early intervention will allow your attorney to immediately take control of your case and guide it toward the most favorable resolution possible. Contact Attorney Troy P. Owens, Jr.for a complimentary appointment to discuss your case.